Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
Wow! Weren’t the holidays just awesome? Momma Chick and I got together and baked and baked, and ate and ate, until our tummy’s hurt. We probably ate as many cookies as Santa does on his rounds around the world. #WorthIt.
Anyway, New Year’s Eve is upon us and making deserts to share with family and friends is on our list of to-dos. There are so many different things happening on this day (some of us even have to work) that having recipes that are quick and easy to create are super important. Which brings us to this week’s recipe that can be for New Year’s or any occasion really:
Easy Funfetti Cake Mix Cookies
I made this recipe literally from a box of Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix. You can use any cake mix though. For example, if you wanted different colored sprinkles in the cookies you could use white cake mix with whatever color sprinkles you want. You could use red velvet cake mix, german chocolate cake mix, etc. All are acceptable and all can follow the same recipe as below!
- 1 box Pillsbury Funfetti Cake Mix
- 1/4 cup oil (I used Extra Virgin Olive Oil, but vegetable works too)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 2 eggs
- Pillsbury Vanilla Frosting (it’s quick and tastes delicious)
- Sprinkles of your choosing
- Preheat oven to 350ºF
- Line baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place cake mix into large mixing bowl
- Add in oil, vanilla, and eggs
- Mix everything together to form cookie dough ensuring all clumps are removed
- Roll cookies into 1″ balls, place on baking sheets
- Bake for 8 – 10 minutes; alternate racks half way through so that cookies cook evenly
- Remove from oven, lightly press down on cookie with spatula to flatten the cookie
- Let stand on cookie sheet for 3 – 5 minutes; move to wire cooling racks
- Let cookies cool completely; add frosting and sprinkles on top
BAKING TIP: Do not let cookies brown while you bake them. You want them to be bright and crisp. This will also ensure that the center stays soft and chewy!
This is honestly one of the easiest recipes I have ever made! And They came out pretty don’t you think? I found the silver sprinkles at Target, but I’m sure Walmart and other cooking supply stores have them as well. You can decorate them however you like. I did a few different versions.
Next time I think I will try strawberry cookies! Maybe for Valentine’s Day! Have you made cake mix cookies before? If so, what kind did you make and did you like them?