A Quick and Cute Valentine’s Day Pancake Breakfast
These pancakes are extremely easy to make and will be a hit for your Valentine this year. Or, maybe you’re single and just want to show yourself some love. This is a great recipe for doing that. The technique is simple. No artistry or overwhelming skills are needed to crate these pancakes. It all starts will a simple cookie cutter.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- A non-stick pan
- A medium, large, or extra large heart shaped cookie cutter (must be metal or heat resistant. Plastic will melt)
- Tweezers or small tongs (tweezers are great for smaller cookie cutters)
- Your favorite pancake mix (homemade or store-bought)
- Softened butter
- Chocolate chips (optional)
- Prepare your pancakes according to the box or to the recipe you have.
- Heat your skillet on medium heat
- Add 1/2 tbs of butter and melt completely
- While butter is melting, use cookie spray to coat the cookie cutter so no pancake mix sticks
- Place your cookie cutter on the skillet
- Spoon the pancake mix into the cookie cutter filling it about 1/8 inch thick
- If using chocolate chips sprinkle a few on top of the pancake mix while in the cookie cutter
- Let the pancake mix cookie for about a minute (you’ll see the sides just start to form, but it won’t be ready to flip yet)
- Using your tweezers or tongs, gently lift the cookie cutter off of the skillet; set aside
- Let the pancake mix form bubbles in the center and then flip
- Cook on the other side for approximately 90 seconds
- Move to plate. Serve with syrup, whipped cream, or chocolate
- Repeat for however many pancakes you need to make
How easy was that?!